Saturday, January 8, 2011

a good yarn

Double entendre intended. Last week, I had a large gap of time between 2 guitar students, but not close enough to home to warrant wasting the gas and time to go home, only to return to the general area again an hour later.  So, I went to my favorite LYS, Creative Knitworks.  I have 2 queued  projects that required another skein of yarn before I can comfortably begin them and I took a shot that I could find them there. 

One project is the CubixX2 top by Helene Rush.  

When I pulled the yarns from my stash (which I'm making a concerted effort to bust in 2011) I determined that my estimate of a substitute yarn I planned to use, might be a little shy.  I might be able to make the top if I ripped out my swatch and used that yarn and didn't make any alterations.  So, my idea was to see if I could get at least 1 more skein. But, the original purchase of yarn was during a July 4th sale and it was clearance yarn at that time.  I was ecstatic to find just one skein of it in the ultra clearance rack - the last one in the store. Yay!
This is the yarn, but I am using black. It's Aslan Trends Glacier Del Cielo cotton. The multi shown in the top in the photo is Ty Dye, which is the yarn I'm planning to use.


The other is the Spanish Dancer Shawl by Sandi Luck.  

Originally I planned to use skeins of different Claudia Hand Paint fingering merino but on this one, I was also short by a skein. Something was definitely up with my in July. The colorway I wanted another skein of was Mountain Sky.  When I found enough of that gorgeous color to make the whole shawl, I opted for purchasing all of it. So much for stash busting.  I just love the colors and will surely use the orphan skeins originally slated for this shawl, in other projects. 

The colors are actually more dusty than this, with the main color being a very pale sky blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will appear as soon as it is moderated, unless deemed inappropriate for the sealed4ever blog content.

most recent posts: