Saturday, January 1, 2011

happy 2011 & Christmas knitting review

Well, the new year is here. I have tinkered with this blog for a while today ~ although not too much has been accomplished. I still have to add lots of links.  I did make a feedburner feed for it.

All the Christmas knitting was completed "on time."  The last project was finished at 5:20 pm on Christmas Eve and we had to leave to meet the recipient at 5:35.
I took pictures of everything and will get them into my Flickr gallery this week, without fail. I didn't create anything terribly breath-taking, but everything was well-received. The list of Christmas gift knitting was:
  • Morehouse Swiss Cheese scarf in denim and natural Wool-Ease
  • Morehouse Alligator scarf in Lion Brand Superwash Merino
  • Morehouse Swiss Cheese scarf in Lion Brand denim Wool-Ease
  • Ann Budd Ribbed Scarf with Crocheted Edge in Lion Brand Superwash Merino
  • Merino Sea Cel Bias Scarf with Ruffle  in Lion Brand Superwash Merino
  • 4 Berroco Minutia '09 mini sweaters in various left over yarns
  • ZigZag scarf in Lion Brand Homespun
  • Rectangular Shawl in KaraBella Magic
  • Tahki Yarns Honeycomb Beret and Collar in 2 strands of Lion Brand Wool-Ease
  • 6 Bernat Family Toques in Lion Brand Wool-Ease
  • 2 Nanette Blanchard Balaclavas in Lion Brand Wool-Ease
  • Original Welted Vine 2 Button Gaiter in Lion Brand Wool-Ease
  • Original Welted Vine Shawl Pinned Gaiter in Lion Brand Wool-Ease
The biggest hit, by far, was the Alligator Scarf. I made it for a friend who teaches young children in a poor, cold-in-the-winter school, where she frequently keeps a scarf around her neck all day.  (She received the shawl pinned gaiter, too.)  After she opened the Alligator she told me that she always dismisses the kids by saying, "See ya later, Alligator."  So, they're going to love that scarf.

The Swiss Cheese scarves were warmly received too. So, kudos to Morehouse Farms.  Great patters.  The Alligator was a lot of fun and I have one on the needles currently for me.

Other projects in progress are:
  • toe up socks
  • lengthening a few pair of socks I made last year (long story)
  • a balaclava for me (stash buster & after getting wind burned last week when we dug the cars out of snow, I can definitely use one)
  • Bernat Honeycomb Beret and Scarf
I have yarn pulled for a shawl and sweater too. I want to do some stash busting in the coming months.

In 2011, I plan to knit for me, for a change.  I haven't made anything for myself, other than socks, for years!  So I'm looking forward to knitting and crocheting for me.  In this new year I also plan to finish up all my machine sewing UFOs - one of which is a late Christmas gift. I'll be such a happy person when all the WIPs are current ones, not UFOs.

I have to finish that 36 x 24 dog bed UFO this weekend. That's where I'm headed now. Then I can finish my tree skirt (extremely early for  Christmas '11 ~ doesnt' that sound better than late for '10?), a mini wall quilt I hope to hang on our apartment door if I finish it before spring and a Christmas panel I machine quilted that needs binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will appear as soon as it is moderated, unless deemed inappropriate for the sealed4ever blog content.

most recent posts: