Monday, September 12, 2011

tsc bobbled hoodie

I was hoping this hoodie would have been done last week, but I haven't had as much time as I'd have liked to knit, crochet, sew or ... play the guitar. I have made very good progress, though.  I'm about a third of the way into the raglan shaping of both sleeves. The front and back are done. I think there was an errata in the instructions for the placket through which the i-cord will be laced, but we'll see.  The only thing I will have to knit after the sleeves will be the hood, which may be a perfect size or it could require some adjustment. I don't want a gigantic hood on this short sleeve hoodie.
It's hard to see how textured this hoodie is, but it's got a row of bobbles spaced at either 7  or  13 stitches apart every 10th row.  Apart from the ribbing, placket and i-cord, the bobble pattern is over the entire garment. I'm not using the TSC yarn. I found a great deal on Knit One Crochet Too Wick, a soy/ polypropylene blend that is rumored to wick moisture away. So, this is a warm weather hoodie.  It would be nice to wear it a time or 2 if we have some Indian Summer days.  I will take pictures of it before and during blocking and then, assembled.

How's the yarn?  Well, it's interesting. Once washed and blocked, it's softer than during knitting. It's the tiniest bit splitty and very snaggy, much like silk.  You need smooth hands and slippery needles to enjoy knitting with this yarn.  I think I paid a little more than a dollar a skein when I bought 20 skeins from an eBay seller. So, the cost of this garment will balance the cost of some garments I recently made and am making out  of  Claudia handpainted fingering.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will appear as soon as it is moderated, unless deemed inappropriate for the sealed4ever blog content.

most recent posts: