Sunday, August 19, 2012

hard decision

So, it's almost 2 months since my last post. One would think that nothing's happening because there hasn't been a peep here.  Au contraire. The fact is that too much is going on.

I have bounced back and forth between the idea of continuing with this terribly neglected blog or just deleting it.  

I'm in the throes of a summer that I thought would be boring and slow, only to have 

  • an accidental extra business (if you know any guitarists, please forward this link to them RaptorPicksUSA.  They will love you for it.)
  • a husband approaching cancer treatment, which I thought had been determined, but lately he's re-evaluating his options. My concern is that he make a decision and carry through with it as soon as we get the go ahead from his urologist in early September. We've been spending a lot of time talking about this - well, he's been talking and I've been listening.
  • a sweet pet bird with the heart of a lion, who has healed very well from a broken leg when he was only 5 weeks old, who is needier than all the other birds I have had. He "needs" flock time, and he thinks we are his flock.  I don't mind spending the time with him. In fact, I like it, but it's more time that this blog just doesn't get written.
  • an irresistible compulsion to write the music I have just repressed for years on end, because when I wasn't too busy,  other things were interesting and captivating to me, but never as interesting or as captivating as composing. So, I'm writing. (duh)
  • new additional guitar students, which is a great thing.
  • my weekly Guitar Technique Tutor podcast nearing its 90th episode, so I'm trying to plan for episode 100 to be special, with interviews and give-aways etc. (let your guitarist friends know about the podcast, too)
  • extra time allocated to spend with our recent widower friend
Aside from getting E-Rex's cancer treatment behind us before the end of the year and recording that  100th podcast by the end of the year or into early January,  I don't foresee that bulleted list disappearing. It may even grow.


Add to that, that I am knitting, crocheting and hoping to sit at my sewing machine, which was the plan for the summer, but I still haven't taken the cover off  (I'm disappointed, but I just haven't had the time) and at best I can eek out the time to post photos on Flickr and write a little on the occasional Ravelry project page. I"ll be trying to meet with my Material Girls each month, when  I can schedule it.  More than that, seems impossible at this time.

I know I was promising a podcast. I'd LOVE to do a crafty podcast - but it's not going to happen any time soon.  I have to apologize to Material Girl Donna for that.  She and I recorded a segment that was to join the rest of that premier show's segments, only to have it fall victim to becoming outdated before it was ever posted.  Forgive me, Donna. So, the podcast is just another thing I cannot possibly do in the foreseeable future.

What to do about this blog?  I suppose the hopeful thing is just to suspend it for the time being.  Deleting it would kill me, even though I am thoroughly aware that I may never post anything here, again. Then again, ... maybe.

So if this isn't good-bye, it's surely see you later.  

Just for the record, the Short Sleeve Textured Cardi's back, fronts and sleeves are finished. The sweater has to be blocked, sewn together and the neckband needs to be knit on ( 2 - 3 days when I get to it.) 

I'm done lengthening the 2nd pair of "extension" socks.

Of course, the Ravellenics fell by the wayside this year AGAIN.  I really thought it would be fun to begin and end a project in one of the categories in the time those other Games were going on in London.  I'm hoping for the winter Games in 2014, I'll be able to participate.  The project I planned for the Ravellenics will be the next thing I knit.

[On that topic...the Olympic Committee that got its nose so out of joint over yarnies calling their 2 week long personal best challenge, Ravelympics, should read the Bravo TV channel the riot act.  The revolting mockery of the Games in their TV commercials is  blatantly degrading  compared to  yarn-crafting  admirers of the athletes calling their challenge the Ravelympics.]  

The only way I can close this post is:

Find a way to do what you love and love what you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will appear as soon as it is moderated, unless deemed inappropriate for the sealed4ever blog content.

most recent posts: