Monday, February 11, 2013

vk spring/summer fashion preview

I just received Vogue Knitting's Spring/Summer Fashion Preview email this morning.  Wow, it's all over the place.  VK's "stories" are always diverse, and Spring/Summer is the issue, if any, that I am not as enamored of, but that being said, this issue promises to be more interesting than those in recent memory.

The stories are Sheer Magic, Optical Illusion, Dynamic Duo, Parlor Pastels, Cotton Soft and Louisa Harding's Collarful Additions.

There are a few that attract my attention right away.  The contrast and all around mojo of the Optical Illusion collection are the most appealing, even though I might not wear them all.




This is something I'd knit in a heartbeat, provided I added some short sleeve treatment.  I'm not big on sleeveless, for me.








 I love the asymmetry of this object d'yarn.  I don't want to call it a vest. I don't want to call it a top.  I don't want to call it a wrap or shawl.  It's simple but has a lot of interest despite its simplicity.





From simple asymmetrical object d'yarn previously, to this delicious texture, I love love love this tunic/dress.  I went bobble knitting crazy each of the last 2 summers, so it's no surprise that my brain must equate bobbly texture with warm weather.  I don't know why.



There are a whole bunch of "collars"  that remind me a little of jabots.  Of the ones in the preview, I think I like the ones that are on top of garments, but the ones that are on the model's skin with a larger open neckline don't appeal as much.  They are something between an "accessory" like a scarf and "jewelry."  I don't know how to think of them.  But I could see the right variation of  the closer collars to dress up a dress down look: a punch of fancy and color on top of a tee to match a bag or shoes, or just to whimsy-up a plain monochromatic outfit.  

The preview is interesting.   Thanks, VK.  You're  always on top of things

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will appear as soon as it is moderated, unless deemed inappropriate for the sealed4ever blog content.

most recent posts: