Friday, March 22, 2013

everything old is new again

When I received one of the illuminated D wax seal pendants as a gift, earlier, I knew one would be great to wear as a on a chain of varying lengths, but I had no idea what I was going to do with the other. 

About a week ago, I was looking for a guitar pin to wear (that has quite a story), when I came upon some old pins of my mother's, that a silversmith in Greenwich Village made for her in the '30's.  One is a very cool, rough cut, large amethyst in a free-form silver setting and another was a pin from which hung a small chainmaille coin purse that has a few broken links.  I never wore the latter because the little purse, though adorable, was very heavy to be pinned to a garment.  But its begged to be worn. 

So, here's my new old pin. The scale of the seal and the pin are just right for each other.  I wore it to teach this week rather than one of  my usual seal necklaces. It got a lot of comments and complements.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will appear as soon as it is moderated, unless deemed inappropriate for the sealed4ever blog content.

most recent posts: