Tuesday, April 2, 2013

lys score

I visited my LYS, Creative Knitworks, on Saturday, before my miserable sore throat started. (I would link to the web site, but I just checked and it looks like it is under construction.) I was increasing needle sizes on the leg ribbing on my Echo Jungle socks.  Although I had 2 24-inch circular needles in the size I needed, I wanted to replace the Harmony wood circ with a Karbonz 24-inch circ because I had such a great knitting experience with the size from which I was graduating.



While there, I perused the books and magazines. I have made a decision that unless there's a pattern I will swatch to begin in the coming 3 months, I should not purchase a book or magazine.  I have so many patterns.  Yes, I know the new stuff is so enticing, but when I really consider if I will knit or crochet it in the near future, I have to back off.  There will always be more and more, and I recently figured out that I will not craft the tiniest fraction of what I already have.  I am always interested in techniques I will really use, so that kind of download or print material is the exception to my rule.

I couldn't leave without checking the clearance bin.  I have found some great bargains there in the past.  Saturday was no different. I picked up 2 balls of SRK Kertzer On Your Toes bamboo yarn in a pale dusty lavender. It's now called SMC On Your Toes bamboo.  I'm sure the 2 balls I purchased were the end of the stock at my LYN. Usually, I purchase an extra ball of yarn with which to swatch or stitch test, but I know the 2 balls I purchased will make a pair of socks or arm warmers.  The retail price is $13.  The discount bin price was only $7.  It was almost a BOGO price, so although I DO NOT need any more sock yarn, it was excellent value for a nice yarn. It's 75% bamboo and 25% nylon.  It is extremely soft and squishy. I wear a lot of purple and have that Mountain Sky colorway Claudia Hand Painted  shawl, with which a pair of socks made from this yarn will coordinate nicely. Not match-y match-y, but yes, coordinate. I will love making socks or warmers out of this yarn, when I get to it. For now, I hate to say it, but, it's going into the ...... STASH!! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will appear as soon as it is moderated, unless deemed inappropriate for the sealed4ever blog content.

most recent posts: