Monday, September 30, 2013

Easy Drop Stitch Scarf

In hopes of finishing gift crafting (don't ask!) by Thanksgiving, which coincides with Hanukkah, this year, I'm trying to make simple but attractive things.

The Easy Drop Stitch Scarf by Christine Vogel, which is a free Ravelry pattern was a great candidate.

I made a small sample with the super clearance ($1.99 a skein -- I fell off the Cold Sheep wagon and bought the only 3 in the bargain bin) Bernat Mosaic yarn I picked up last week.




 I liked it.  It was a quick, 1 skein knit, because the recipient is a very, very, very petite woman.  This scarf will be "normal length" for her.  The texture is interesting and the subtle colorway is reasonable for her very conservative business style.



I haven't washed and blocked it yet, but having only been tugged at to open up the curls of the dropped stitches, the overall look is impressive, considering how simple and fast it is to knit. 

I knit everything on circular needles. For this project, I used Knitters' Pride interchangeable  Cubics.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will appear as soon as it is moderated, unless deemed inappropriate for the sealed4ever blog content.

most recent posts: