Sunday, September 8, 2013

Scallop Crochet Scarf

I have radically pared down the number of people for whom I craft gifts in the past year. One friend, in Philadelphia still received hand crafted gifts - usually yarn crafted.  It's less than 4 months until Christmas, so I have been looking through some patterns for her.

I came across the Scallop Crochet Scarf by Lion Brand and liked it.  Since it's a quick crochet project and I wasn't sure I wanted to make it for her, I decided to make a prototype for myself from left over Vanna's Choice Prints.



vanna's choice


The pattern was simple but the scarf needed light blocking.  You don't usually think of acrylic needing blocking, but this scarf looked so much better afterward. It was the first crochet project I have made that worked from both sides of the foundation chain.  This scarf is strictly a fashion statement, not for warmth.  The jury is still out as to whether I will make it for my friend or not -- leaning toward not because I have found a pattern for a hat and scarf that I think are more "her."




Untitled

Untitled
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will appear as soon as it is moderated, unless deemed inappropriate for the sealed4ever blog content.

most recent posts: