Sunday, November 17, 2013

Smooshy

Smooshy is a word that sounds like what it means - as it relates to yarn and the fabric said yarn produces.  

A friend of mine will be receiving a very simple,  Smooshy to the max, garter stitch scarf made from the few scrap balls of Patons North America Carmen, a long discontinued yarn.  


The colorways of the Carmen I had left in my stash are Steel and Ebony.  The friend for whom this little scarf is, dresses very conservatively.

I randomly striped the scarf, trying to somewhat  equalize the ends, which may show at the same time, depending upon how she wears it. The yarn is so smooshy and fuzzy that whatever stitch is used, it just dissolves into the smoosh, so I just knit every row.  Easy peasy.  All that's left to do is sew on a label and it's ready to wrap.  I also have to sew a label onto the Easy Drop Stitch Scarf I completed a month or 2 ago.  


After my last project for the holidays is done (a pair of Spatterwash Wristwarmers by Damar Mora), I will sew all the labels in at the same time.  (I think I'm going to have to make myself some, too.  I like them!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will appear as soon as it is moderated, unless deemed inappropriate for the sealed4ever blog content.

most recent posts: