Thursday, December 26, 2013

No Full Moon Necessary

My last Christmas gift was mailed on December 16.  That was temporary - the last gift part.  Then, as usually happens, being stressless causes temporary insanity.  As I wrapped presents, I looked at the boxes of goodies for the women who work in our apartment building.  I remembered that last year, I attached crocheted snowflakes to their packages and thought, "How can I not attach a snowflake to each this year?" (And no, in that mental state of instability I neglected to take photos of them last year, and did the same last week.)  So, I scrolled through several crocheted snowflake patterns, found one and made 3.  I added hooks and tied them onto the already wrapped gifts.  I was finally done.

Then, I drifted further into a state of non compos mentis. I thought about the next door neighbor's cat.  Really! It was sheer madness.   I have never given Samie Cat a gift. I'm not even really a cat person!  I remembered that I'd seen some curly cat toy to crochet.


 It's meant to hang on the door knob so the feline recipient can swat it around.  I looked through my stash and my husband snapped me out of my trans by telling me he wanted me to order a particular thing for Christmas for myself. He wanted it to be a surprise, but didn't want to get the wrong thing.  I had to spend some time online.  Then, the package was going to arrive the next day at no additional charge, and when it did, I needed to (and wanted to) spend some time with it. In retrospect, I'm thankful for the intervention.  I don't know what I'm going to do next year.  I have to overcome this urge to burden myself needlessly.

As far as a door knob hanging swat toy goes, what  Samie Cat doesn't know, won't hurt him.  

1 comment:

  1. Denise: Can you make one of these for my cat, Bitty? LOL!-Michelle (who has one in the house and about 14 outside in her colony!!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It will appear as soon as it is moderated, unless deemed inappropriate for the sealed4ever blog content.

most recent posts: