I just realized yesterday, that I never blogged about this pair of socks that I finished in the early spring.
They are basically the Cat Bordhi recipe that I used as my "vanilla" sock, a simple design, called Sidestream. This time, instead of the usual short row, reinforced heel, I tried the infamous "afterthought" heel. (I blogged about that on April 2 in the post, "Thoughts on Afterthought Heels.")
I had mixed feelings about the afterthought heel, although my concern about it not being as comfortable as the heel I usually knit, was dispelled with the first wearing.
The pooling on the upper part of the cuff doesn't bother me, because those cuffs are always covered. The pooling occurred because I increased a needle size as I worked up the leg, rather than adding any stitches.